I know.. It’s not like Bonnaroo needs any more press, especially on a blog. (and not to mention I whined about the schedule conflicts a while ago,) but alas, the excitement is setting in. Only a few days left until some of us here at the site get to experience some great sets of music in Manchester, Tennessee!
This will be my first experience, so I’ve decided to let you all in on which acts I am most excited to see.
- Dead & Company … surprise, surprise! This will be my first, but certainly not my last, D&C show this year. After seeing them at the Wells Fargo and hearing that they plan on busting out some songs they have yet to play in this current incarnation of the Grateful Dead, my anticipation is through the roof!
- Papadosio – Aw yeah! Playing at almost the perfect time on the first night of the festival, all of us festival goers will be able to feed our jamband jones early! There’s something special about seeing Dosio perform in any festival environment, look for Miles and I in the front row for this one!
- Pearl Jam – Another obvious choice because of the headlining spot, but this will be my first live experience with a band I have been a fan of for a long time. Fun fact: One of my first ever CD’s was their album Vs.
- Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats – This is another act that i’m kicking myself in the butt for not getting into earlier. Frontman Nathaniel Rateliff has insane skill, energy, and the whole band has a collective soul that breathes life into their music. This should be a fun one!
- Ween – That local connection, along with Kurt Vile, to the Philadelphia area. The wacky, weird and wonderful Ween are placed in the slot right before Dead & Company. Bring on the Boognish!